Friday, August 23, 2019

TEACH.....THEM AT AN EARLY AGE.


I remember at age 9 or 10 years old around Christmas time,me and my two sisters,my Mom and Dad were sitting around the kitchen table looking at gifts we wanted from a Sear's catalog.Both my sisters wanted the new Easy-Bake Oven and the Bobbie-Dolls.My parents turned and asked me,as my attention had strayed away from the toy section onto a page that were all together different for a black child to be curious about.

"So....what do you want Donnie?" Asked my father with a raised eyebrow  calling me by my nick-name.

"That!" I said pointing at a page in the catalog with wonder in my young brown eyes.

"You....want that?" Asked my mother staring at my father.

"Yes....that's what I want," I said smiling at my parents and two small sisters,as they  giggled and laughed making fun of my odd chose for a Christmas gift,which was a 20 piece Beginner Chemistry Set. 

 On Christmas day both my sisters received their gifts and me the Chemistry Set.The motto to this story is that my parents invested in me,sure the Chemistry Set was a little pricey,but I think my parents saw something in one of their child's eyes that couldn't be ignored.

I went on to work in the healthcare field as a Certified Cardiovascular  Tech and I now write science fiction books. INVEST IN YOUR CHILD'S FUTURE CHECK OUT "OZ ROBOTICShttps://ozrobotics.com?ref=5862

No comments:

Post a Comment

As a person that writes Science Fiction Tales.... I TAKE MY SOURCE MATERIAL SERIOUSLY! And you should too. GIVE YOUR KIDS ...